DJ Alkimist makes music.
E.A. Aymar writes stories.
Then they mash it all together.
Each finished track is accompanied by a piece of artwork, inspired by the music and story.
Music, writing, visual art? We’re an immersive experience!
Collaborative efforts will be released…let’s say every other month? That’s probably close.
- The March will be released in conjunction with Gargoyle Magazine, and features Amber Sparks, Holly Karapetkova, Meg Opperman, and Tara Campbell. Check back here, or sign up for our newsletter for updates and contests. And we’re performing this track LIVE at Gargoyle Magazine’s 40th Anniversary! Details to come.
- We were excited to be interviewed by one of the top crime fiction sites out there. Marietta Miles, a contributor to Do Some Damage, interviewed us about our project, what we’ve done, and what we have coming up…including big news from DJ Alkimist! Check it out HERE. (8/21/17)
- We released Silence. No big PR things or placement for this one. It’s a different type of track. We’ll be all-promotional with the next one. (6/15/17)
- Artomatic. Alkimist gave a presentation on the merging of music and identity (in conversation with the writer Hannah Sternberg), then we performed some of our tracks live in accompaniment with the writer Tara Campbell and the poet Holly Karapetkova). So much fun! Engaged audience, perfect venue. (4/22/17)
- Cold Dark Flash: An Evening of Noir Fiction. Alkimist spun tracks and I co-hosted a reading of flash fiction on the closing day of the annual AWP Conference. We also performed a live version of Requiem. (2/11/17)
- Podcast, Thrill Seekers Radio with Alex Dolan. The novelist Alex Dolan had us on his show to discuss our collaboration and debut Red Room. (1/24/17)
- Podcast, Authors on the Air with Pam Stack. We chatted with the terrific host, Pam Stack, and debuted Requiem. Check it out HERE. (11/23/16)
- New track out: Check out “We All Do What We Can.” And read the accompanying essay on jmww journal HERE. (10/10/16)
- We were interviewed by the excellent literary magazine, SmokeLong Quarterly. Read the interview HERE. (10/5/16)
- Our first track, “You Would Have a Queen,” is out! (9/26/16)
- Interested in seeing DJ Alkimist live? Check out her busy schedule here. And e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org to book her for your event or club.
- E.A. Aymar does readings and panels and stuff. Find him here, and check out his recent publications here.